Toolbox
Related Bike News & Reviews
Brand New Bikes in Stock
Location
Go
2014 Can-Am Commander 800 DPS
$17,940^
VIC
2014 Bimota DB8SP
$49,990^
VIC
2011 Kymco Venox 250
$3,990^
WA
2014 Benelli Bn600S (LAMS)
$9,990^
VIC
2014 Cougar Trail Blazer 150 (TB150)
$4,999^
NSW
The Italian company, the world’s fifth largest tyre manufacturer, has entered into a joint venture to strengthen its presence in one of the biggest motorcycle markets in the world

Pirelli is setting up a joint venture with an automotive component maker to build a motorcycle tyre factory in Indonesia.

Pirelli will hold a 60 percent stake in the enterprise and Astra Otoparts will hold the remaining 40 percent, with $120 million to be invested into the project – Pirelli’s first foray into Indonesia. Pirelli also produces tyres in 20 manufacturing plants throughout the globe.

The plant will be based on 25 hectares of land in Karawang, West Java, producing tyres for OEM and replacement purposes.

“The new factory is expected to become operational from the second half of 2013, with an estimated production of around two million conventional motor tyres in 2014,” the joint statement said. “When fully operational in 2016, it could reach seven million.”

When that mark is reached, round three million tyres will be sold under the Astra brand, while the remaining four million — about 25 percent of Pirelli’s entire global motor production — would carry the Pirelli brand.

Read the latest Bikesales Network news and reviews on your mobile, iPhone or PDA at the Bikesales Network's mobile site. Or download the all-new App.


Published : Thursday, 26 April 2012
Disclaimer:
In most cases, the Carsales Network attends new vehicle launches at the invitation and expense of vehicle manufacturers and/or distributors.

Editorial prices shown are a "price guide" only, based on information provided to us by the manufacturer. Pricing current at the time of writing editorial. Pricing prior to editorial dated 25 May 2009 may refer to RRP. Due to Clarity on Pricing legislation, RRP for those editorials now means "price guide". When purchasing a bike, always confirm the single figure price with the seller of an actual motorbike or accessory. Click here for further information about our Terms & Conditions.